Types of entries
* Solos (individual dancer)
* Duos (two competitors)
* Trios (three competitors)
* Quads (four competitors)
* Troupes (5 competitors or more)
* Dance (Commercial / Straight Jazz, Broadway / Musical Theatre Jazz, Tap, Song and Dance, Song and Tap (no lyrics permitted during these styles), Hip Hop, Classical, Neo, Lyrical, Contemporary, Any Style)
Age divisions - Age as of 01/01/20
* Solos (Under 6, 6 - 7 years, 8 - 9 years, 10 - 11 years, 12 - 13 years, 14 - 15 years and Open Age)
* Duos / Trios / Quads (Under 10, Under 14 and Open Age)
* Troupes (Under 6, Under 8, Under 10, Under 13, Under 17 and Open Age) AVERAGE AGE
* Special solo sections such as Improvisation and Own Choreography (All Ages)
* Miss / Mr Prodigy (Mini: 8 years and under, Junior: 9 - 13 years and Senior: 14+ years)
No separate open or novice sections
* Solos ($25.00 per solo)
* Duos / Trios / Quads ($10.00 per competitor)
* Troupes ($40.00 per troupe)
* Miss / Mr Prodigy ($40.00 per solo)
* 30.00 registration fee per competitor for Solos, Duos, Trios
and Quads. This fee covers audience entry for family and
friends attending the competition.
There is no registration fee for troupes competitors. Family
and friends wanting to watch these sections will need to
purchase a wristband.
Solos - 3 minutes
Miss / Mr Prodigy - 4 minutes
Song and Dance / Tap solos - 4 minutes
Duos / Trios - 3 minutes
Troupes - 5 minutes
Miss / Mr Prodigy
To qualify for the Miss / Mr Prodigy section dancers must enter and compete in 2 other dance solo sections.
Dancers will be able to compete with any style of dance or acrobatics and may choose to repeat a routine that they have already performed at the competition.
Age groups for the Miss / Mr Prodigy sections are as follows:
Mini: 8 years and under
Junior: 9 - 13 years and
Senior: 14+ years
* Solos (1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place: trophies and HM: ribbons)
* Duos / Trios / Quads (1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place: medals and HM: ribbons)
* Troupes (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and HM: ribbons)
* Special solo sections such as Improvisation and Own Choreography (1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place: trophies and HM: ribbons)
* Miss / Mr Prodigy (1st place: large trophy, tiara and $50.00, 2nd place and 3rd place: large trophies and HM: ribbons)
Adjudication will be done at the commencement of each section.
Troupe audience entry
1 session - $10.00
1 day pass - $20.00
Weekend pass - $30.00
All music must be checked in 3 sections prior to the commencement of the section at the music check in desk. The first 3 sections of the day must be checked in 30 minutes before the first section commences. Music must be on a CD, iPod or iPhone. No USBs. Please bring backup copies of all music. All devices should only have the one song per disk / playlist.
Please bring a dongle should your device require one.
No inappropriate lyrics or songs are permitted.
Vocals are not permitted for song and dance or song and tap sections.
Timing and Scheduling
Prodigy Dance Competition can run up to one hour ahead of scheduled times indicated on program.
Timings are indicative only. It is suggested that you arrive 2 hours ahead of schedule to avoid disappointment.
By entering or attending Prodigy Dance Competition you agree to abide by the conditions of entry which can be downloaded here